Under this scheme Namport sponsors young Namibians to be trained in order to be qualified Deck Officers or Marine Engineering Officers.
Seafarer training bursaries will be advertised in October each year and Namibians who have shown an aptitude in a seagoing career will be admitted to the scheme after complying with the requirements:
- Must be 25 or younger in the year in which he/she commences with the programme.
- Must have Mathematics and Physical Science 4 (HG E, SG D) or MathematicsN4 (60%) and Engineering Science N4 (60%).
- Must be declared medically fit to go to sea.
- Must pass an eyesight test (Deck cadets only).
- Must be proficient in English (both spoken and written) - English first or second Language 4 (HG E, SG D).
- Must have a valid passport