- Welcome to website of the Namibian Ports Authority ("Namport"), www.namport.com ("the website"). The purpose of the website is to provide information about Namport and the website is owned and maintained by Namport.
- By accessing and using the website, you, the user, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions that are set out in this notice. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, then you may not access, display, use, download and/or otherwise copy or distribute any of the content of this website.
- This website is provided “as is” and use of this website is at the sole risk of the user. Namport makes no representations or warranties, implied or otherwise, that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this website are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be uninterrupted and error free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality.
- Namport expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security, and accuracy and makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding the content of the website and that the website has been compiled or supplied to meet the user's individual requirements. Users are encouraged to report any possible errors or malfunctions.
- Neither Namport nor any associated person, organization or other related entity accepts responsibility for any application, use or interpretation of the information contained on this site and disclaims all liability for direct, indirect or consequential damages or loss resulting from the use of this service.
- Namport or any of the legal entities in respect of which information are contained on this website or staff of Namport will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), or otherwise, relating to the use of this document, this website or information. If any of the foregoing is not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder shall nonetheless continue to apply. Namport shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this website or the services or content provided from and through this website.
- Namport takes every care to ensure network security but by accessing our site, you will be assuming all risks associated with the use of the site. This includes the risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any computer virus or other contamination that may be transmitted or activated by this website or your access to this website.
- You agree that your use of this website is for lawful purposes only. You agree that you will not use this website for any illegal, fraudulent or unlawful purpose. You agree not to transmit any material that is unlawful or harmful, defamatory, abusive, threatening, vulgar or obscene. You remain liable to any third party for your comments, and Namport is not liable to any third party regarding the content of your comments.
- While we take all reasonable security precautions, no liability will lie for damage caused by the malicious use of this site or by destructive data or code that is passed on to the user through the use of this site.
- The following acts in connection with this web site are expressly prohibited:
- Gaining or attempting to gain unauthorised access to any web page or part of this web site;
- Delivering or attempting to deliver any unauthorised or malicious code or content to this web site; and/or
- Any amendment to or attempt to amend any of the content or any other part of this web site by unauthorised persons.
- This site is interactive. You agree that any information, pages or other materials that you request from this site and that are sent to you are with your permission and consent, without recourse against Namport.
- Namport makes no representation or warranty that the information, pages and other materials found on this site are appropriate or available for use outside Namibia, and access to them from countries or territories where their use may be illegal is strictly prohibited. If you choose to access this site from a location outside Namibia, you are responsible for complying with all applicable local laws. Any dispute, action or other proceeding concerning this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Namibia, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws.
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- We respect the privacy of all visitors to this site. You may use this site without providing any personal information. However, so that we can continually assess the popularity of the site and improve it for our visitors, we collect information on the number of visits to the site, pages viewed, etc.
- Copyright in all information, logos, images, source codes and other original material contained in this web site, which is not attributed to a third party, is held by or licensed to Namport. Namport asserts and reserves all its rights, including moral rights, in this regard. No right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this web site is granted to users other than set out above. Users are requested to note that intellectual property rights in certain material and/or information contained on this web site may vest in a third party other than the web site owner and that the user is under a legal duty to respect such rights.
- Namport grants to the user, subject to these terms and conditions, a personal, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, limited and revocable right to access, view, copy, download to a local drive, print and display all content and information on any machine of which the user is the primary user provided that such use:
- Is for information purposes only;
- Is for non-commercial purposes or within a non-commercial web site;
- Any reproduction must acknowledge this web site as the source of the information in a proper copyright notice.
- Users wishing to utilise content for their own commercial purposes may only doing so with the prior written permission of the web site owner. Requests for commercial use may be submitted by e-mailing: Executive: Marketing & Strategic Business Development: firstname.lastname@example.org. The granting or refusing of permission is completely within the discretion of Namport, and may be conditional.
- Any third party wishing to link the website to their website must obtain permission from Namport by directing such request to the webmaster, and permission may be granted on terms and conditions agreed. Any third party website may link to this website provided that such a link is directed at the home page of this website. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or website to link to any page other than the home page of this website. Namport may provide links to the user only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply Namport’s endorsement of such websites. Linked websites or pages are not subject to the control of Namport and Namport shall not be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for the contents, use, or inability to use or access any linked websites or any links contained in a linked website. We reserve the right to withdraw permission granted to link to this web site at any time and for any reason. The express permission in writing of Namport, which may be subject to conditions, is required before this site, any of its pages and/or any of the information contained on the site is framed.
- Search engines may be provided from time to time on this website and are there to assist Internet users to locate resources more quickly. However, Namport takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of its search facilities and does not warrant or represent that the search facilities are free from errors or omissions, or that they are exhaustive.
- Third party advertising and promotional material may be displayed on the site from time to time, and the display of such material should not be construed as Namport endorsing or creating any relationship between Namport and that third party. Reliance on any such promotional or advertising material is entirely at your own risk.
- This website is created, owned, maintained and operated within the Republic of Namibia. Therefore, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of Namibia, and the user consents to the jurisdiction of the High Court of Namibia in the event of any dispute.
- Namport reserves the right to change, modify, add to or remove portions or the whole of these terms and conditions of use from time to time. Changes to these terms and conditions of use will take effect upon such changes being posted to this website. It is the user’s obligation to periodically check these terms and conditions of use at this website for changes or updates. The user’s continued use of this website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the user’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these terms and conditions of use, including such changes or updates.
- The full name and legal status of the website owner is:
Namibian Ports Authority
Republic of Namibia
Contact details of website owner:
Postal Address: P O Box 361, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Street Address: No 17 Rikumbi Kandanga Road, Walvis Bay, Namibia
Tel: (+264 64) 208 2207
Fax: (+264 64) 208 2323