This waterfront and marina will be the first of its kind in Namibia and will create and sustain a new industry which will support and attract other industries such as: leisure boating, retail, hospitality, tourism, recreational, water sports, maritime history, hotel, conferencing, luxury residential, commercial etc.
The project will have the following zones:
Swiss Replica Watches
- Public walkway and mixed use (roads, walkway, esplanade, iconic tower, amphitheatres, museums, smaller restaurants, feature restaurant and public open spaces, arts and crafts vendors, etc.)
- Marina (floating wooden jetties, yacht club, yacht repair facilities etc.)
- Residential (luxury apartments and penthouses)
- Commercial (offices and retail)
- Hotel (hotel, gym, spa and conference facilities)
The project implementation model is as follows:
- Namport will avail all land for the development by way of long term leases to private developers
- Private developers (one or many) will be sourced by an open competitive bidding process (tender process) in 2016
- All project implementation costs will be carried by the private developer(s)
- Ownership of the land will remain with Namport and any development will be governed by a commercial agreement (DBOOT) between Namport and the developer(s). All developments within the waterfront/marina precinct will be regulated by the applicable local authority bylaws applicable on developments of this nature.
The main focus of the development is to support and enrich the public recreational experience of Walvis Bay by preserving and enhancing the public spaces along the Esplanade/Lagoon and creating an extension right up to the port boundary to complete the visitor's maritime experience. The waterfront/marina development will make provision for passengers from visiting cruise liners to leave the port area via a control point allowing direct access from the port to the Waterfront area. All this will be achieved by striking a balance between development and an ecological sensitive environment whilst still preserving the unique ambiance of the present waterfront precinct.
The proposed waterfront, on completion, must provide an environmental and cultural experience to tourists and residents. Besides the waterfront experience the development will make provision for commercial activities including restaurants, hotels, travel agents, tour operators, amphitheatre, museums etc.
Real estate development such as luxury apartments, conference facilities, art theatres and office space etc. will also be developed.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Have any developments started for the new marina and waterfront project?
A feasibility study was recently completed. The next step would be to publicly request Expression of Interest for private developers to get involved.
• How much money will this development cost, and how will this be funded?
Pending the results from the Expression of Interest campaign, it is likely that most portions of the Waterfront and Marina developments will be privately funded. Namport will provide some of the infrastructure, such as the breakwater. The exact amount of funding required is still unconfirmed since this is dependent on the appetite from private sector.
• What are some of the benefits of this new best fake rolex development?
The waterfront and marine promises to integrate a working harbour, local heritage, and revitalize urban development and tourism.
• How many shops, restaurants and hotels will be built as part of this new development?
The waterfront and marina development will cater for the following zones: Residential, Commercial, Hotel, Marina, Mixed use public space
• How will the new marina/waterfront benefit the Walvis Bay economy in particular and the Namibian economy in general?
The new development will benefit tourism in Walvis Bay and provide more focus on the commercial activities in the waterfront.
• How many jobs will be created in the construction phase and after completion?
Developers are likely to phase construction and job opportunities will be according to market demands. Once construction is completed, the development will create retail, tourism and commercial related job opportunities.
• When will this project be completed?
The waterfront and marina development project will be phased from 2018 - 2022
cheap replica watches.